On Saturday December 22, 2018 the members were escorting Santa Claus around the Battalion Two local when at 1712 hours, a dwelling fire was dispatched to the Inverness Apartment on Shetland Way. Santa told all members to be safe as they departed to the call. Crews arrived to find light smoke showing from a second floor apartment. The resident had lit a fire in the fireplace and there was an issue with the flue and the apartment filled with smoke. Crews found an extension in the wall and opened it up and used a can to take care of that issue. Ladder 926 laddered the roof and the crew checked the chimney and covers. The smoke was ventilated and The Deptford Fire Department fire investigators were summoned to the scene. After the call the members went back and completed Santa’s visit to the little boys and girls of the neighborhood.