On November 3, 2020 at 1745 hours, Battalions Two and Three were dispatched for a dwelling fire at the 2200 building of Shetland Way. Reports were that a resident had lit his fireplace and the apartment was filling with smoke. Squad 921 arrived to find light smoke showing from the front of the building as well as the top of the chimney. The crew from Squad 921 quickly determined that there was no active fire, but a heavy smoke condition. Chief 9201 (Thomas) staged all incoming apparatus and had Tower 926 pull in behind Squad 921 and set up and check the top of the chimney. Crews ventilated the smoke and instructed the resident on the proper use of a fire place.
This was the first run for Tower 926.