The Deptford Fire Department was dispatched to an apartment building on Shetland Way last evening for a Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Activation. Fire department personnel arrived to find the second floor residents outside advising that their CO Detector was sounding. FD crews entered the apartment with a meter and found high readings of CO in the apartment. The FD always investigates all the apartments in the affected building and on this investigation higher readings CO were found in a 1st floor apartment. All residents were evacuated and the apartments ventilated. Public Service Electric and Gas (PSEG) and facility maintenance summoned to the scene. All residents advised that they felt okay and had no symptoms of exposure to CO. The apartments were ventilated and PSEG technician found the cause of the high levels of CO. All residents were permitted back into their apartments. This Incident proves the life saving value of a WORKING CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR. It is very important that every residences be it a house or apartment has working Smoke and Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors.